Hutton Henry is a village in County Durham, in England. The population of the parish at the 2011 census was 1,565. It is situated to the west of Hartlepool, near the villages of Wingate and Station Town.In ca. 1050 the village was known as Hoton. Henry de Essh held it in the 14th century, providing the second part of the name.