Routes LithuaniaVilnius County
Vilnius

Vilnius County, Lithuania

Vilnius

Length3.6 mi
Elev. Gain2627.3 ft
Est. Steps8500

City walk

Historic site

Steep slope

Created by VERA 🇧🇾
Introduction
Vilnius is a 3.6 mile (8,500-step) route located near Vilnius County, Lithuania. This route has an elevation gain of about 2627.3 ft and is rated as hard. Find the best walking trails near you in Pacer App.
Прекрасная утренняя прогулка по Вильнюсу и очаровательный обзорный вид на город с Башни Гедимина, горы Трёх Крестов и Колокольни на Кафедральной площади.

Gediminas' Tower

Place
Gediminas' Tower (Lithuanian: Gedimino pilies bokštas) is the remaining part of the Upper Castle in Vilnius, Lithuania. The first wooden fortifications were built by Gediminas, Grand Duke of Lithuania. The first brick castle was completed in 1409 by Grand Duke Vytautas. The three-floor tower was rebuilt in 1933 by Polish architect Jan Borowski.

Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn

Place
Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn (Lithuanian: Aušros Vartų Dievo Motina, Polish: Matka Boska Ostrobramska, Belarusian: Маці Божая Вастрабрамская, Russian: Остробрамская икона Божией Матери) is the prominent Catholic painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary venerated by the faithful in the Chapel of the Gate of Dawn in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Gate of Dawn

Place
The Gate of Dawn (Lithuanian: Aušros vartai), or Sharp Gate (Polish: Ostra Brama, Belarusian: Вострая Брама, Russian: Острая брама) is a city gate in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, and one of its most important religious, historical and cultural monuments.

Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania

Place
The Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos Didžiosios Kunigaikštystės valdovų rūmai Vilniaus žemutinėje pilyje; Polish: Zamek Dolny w Wilnie) is a palace in Vilnius, Lithuania. It was originally constructed in the 15th century for the rulers of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the future Kings of Poland.

Cathedral Square, Vilnius

Place
The Cathedral Square in Vilnius (Lithuanian: Katedros aikštė) is the main square of the Vilnius Old Town, right in front of the neo-classical Vilnius Cathedral. It is a key location in city's public life, situated as it is at the crossing of the city's main streets and reflecting the city's diversity.

Church of St. Johns, Vilnius

Place
The Church of St. Johns, St. John the Baptist and St. John the Apostle and Evangelist (Lithuanian: Vilniaus Šv. Jono Krikštytojo ir Šv. Jono apaštalo ir evangelisto bažnyčia) is located at the Old Town of Vilnius, Lithuania and dominates the university (Vilnius University) ensemble. Since the times of the Jesuit Academy professors and students used to pray here, and Vilnius theologians gave sermons.

Kaziuko mugė

Place
Kaziuko mugė or Saint Casimir's Fair is a large annual folk arts and crafts fair in Vilnius, Lithuania, dating to the beginning of the 17th century. The fair is traditionally held in city's markets and streets on the Sunday nearest to March 4 (Feast of St. Casimir), the anniversary of Saint Casimir's death.

Pilies Street

Place
Pilies Street (literally, "Castle Street"; Lithuanian: Pilies gatvė) is one of the main streets in the Old Town of Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. It is a rather short street, running from Cathedral Square to the Town Hall Square.Out of several locations across Vilnius used by market traders to sell the wares of folk artists, Pilies Street is the most popular.

House of the Signatories

Place
The House of the Signatories (Lithuanian: Signatarų namai, previously known as Sztral's House) is a Lithuanian historic landmark on Pilies Street, Vilnius, where on February 16, 1918, the Act of Independence of Lithuania was signed by twenty members of the Council of Lithuania.The building was first mentioned in writing in an edict issued in 1645.

Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania

Place
The Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos gyventojų genocido ir rezistencijos tyrimo centras or LGGRTC) is a state-funded research institute in Lithuania dedicated to "the study of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes in Lithuania; the study of the persecution of local residents by occupying regimes; the study of armed and unarmed resistance to occupying regimes; the initiation of the legal evaluation of the activities of the organisers and implementers of genocide; and the commemoration of freedom fighters and genocide victims." The centre was founded on 25 October 1992 by the Supreme Council of the Lithuanian Republic as the "State Genocide Research Centre of Lithuania".
Route Details

Length

3.6 mi

Elev. Gain

2627.3 ft

Est. Steps

8500
Created by
VERA 🇧🇾
Open in PacerOpen