Routes LithuaniaVilnius County
Vilnius

Vilnius County, Lithuania

Vilnius

Length
7.4 km
Elev. Gain
43 m
Est. Steps
11000

River

City walk

Created by Maxim
Introduction
Vilnius is a 7.4 km (11,000-step) route located near Vilnius County, Lithuania. This route has an elevation gain of about 43 m and is rated as easy. Find more routes like this on the Pacer App.

Vilnius

Place
Vilnius (Lithuanian pronunciation: [ˈvʲɪlʲnʲʊs] (listen), see also other names) is the capital of Lithuania and its largest city, with a population of 570,806 as of 2019. The population of Vilnius functional urban area, that stretches beyond the city limits, is estimated at 697,691 (as of 2017), while according to statistics of Vilnius territorial health insurance fund, there are 723,016 permanent inhabitants (as of June 2019) in Vilnius city and Vilnius district municipalities combined.

Vilna Governorate

Place
The Vilna Governorate (1795–1915; also known as Lithuania-Vilnius Governorate from 1801 until 1840; Russian: Виленская губерния, Vilenskaya guberniya, Lithuanian: Vilniaus gubernija, Polish: gubernia wileńska) or Government of Vilnius was a governorate (guberniya) of the Russian Empire created after the Third Partition of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1795.

Presidential Palace, Vilnius

Place
The Presidential Palace (Lithuanian: Prezidentūra), located in Vilnius Old Town, is the official office and eventual official residence of the President of Lithuania. The palace dates back to the 14th century and during its history it has undergone various reconstructions, supervised by prominent architects, including Laurynas Gucevičius and Vasily Stasov.

Cathedral Square, Vilnius

Place
The Cathedral Square in Vilnius (Lithuanian: Katedros aikštė) is the main square of the Vilnius Old Town, right in front of the neo-classical Vilnius Cathedral. It is a key location in city's public life, situated as it is at the crossing of the city's main streets and reflecting the city's diversity.

Town Hall, Vilnius

Place
Vilnius Town Hall (Lithuanian: Vilniaus rotušė) is a historical town hall in the square of the same name in the Old Town of Vilnius, Lithuania.

Church of St. Johns, Vilnius

Place
The Church of St. Johns, St. John the Baptist and St. John the Apostle and Evangelist (Lithuanian: Vilniaus Šv. Jono Krikštytojo ir Šv. Jono apaštalo ir evangelisto bažnyčia) is located at the Old Town of Vilnius, Lithuania and dominates the university (Vilnius University) ensemble. Since the times of the Jesuit Academy professors and students used to pray here, and Vilnius theologians gave sermons.

Green Bridge (Vilnius)

Place
The Green Bridge (Lithuanian: Žaliasis tiltas) is a bridge over the Neris River in Vilnius, Lithuania, that connects the city center with the district of Šnipiškės. The original 16th-century bridge was the oldest bridge in Vilnius.

Lithuania District

Place
Lithuania District (German: Verwaltungsbezirk Litauen) was an administrative division of German-controlled territory of Ober-Ost during World War I. It was bordered by the Bialystok-Grodno District to the south and the Courland District to the north.

Church of St. Paraskeva, Vilnius

Place
St. Paraskeva Church is an Eastern Orthodox church in Vilnius. The first Orthodox church of St. Paraskeva was constructed on demand of prince Algirdas' first wife, a Vitebsk princess Maria, who was subsequently buried there in 1346. According to the legend, the church was built on the site of a temple to the pagan god, Ragutis.

Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, Vilnius

Place
St. Nicholas Church is one of the oldest Eastern Orthodox churches in Vilnius, Lithuania. According to a popular legend, the first wooden Orthodox chapel located on the place of today's St. Nicholas church was built around 1340. Seven years later, the Vilnius martyrs were supposedly buried there. However, in 1350, Uliana of Tver, the second wife of prince Algirdas, ordered to build a new brick church.
Route Details

Length

7.4 km

Elev. Gain

43 m

Est. Steps

11000
Created by
Maxim
Open in PacerOpen