Routes England London Borough of BarnetEast Barnet
Pymmes Brook Trail

East Barnet, London Borough of Barnet, England

Pymmes Brook Trail

Length6.3 mi
Elev. Gain347.7 ft
Est. Steps14000

Forest

River

Scenic views

Wild flowers

Quiet place

Created by PacerPal
Introduction
Pymmes Brook Trail is a 10.1 km (14,000-step) route located near East Barnet, London Borough of Barnet, England. This route has an elevation gain of about 106 m and is rated as medium. Find more routes like this on the Pacer App.
Starting in Oakhill Park and walking along by the stream, the Pymmes Brook Trail passes through parkland and under oak and weeping willows to Parkside Gardens, East or West Walk and on to Waterfall Walk in Brunswick Park. Continue on under the Piccadilly Line Viaduct and into Arnos Park with more open parkland and trees before looping round to leave the Brook to walk through woods and back to Waterfall Walk. Follow the stream back and crisscross it using the many bridges until the Cafe is reached back in Oakhill Park. Time for an ice cream before looping round the park and back to the start. A very pleasant walk with plenty to see.

Oak Hill Park (Barnet)

Park
Oak Hill Park is in East Barnet in the London Borough of Barnet. It is one of Barnet's premier parks and received a Green Flag Award for 2009–10. It is a large area of parkland with a wide range of facilities, including an outdoor gym, a bowls green, football pitches, a golf course, three tennis courts, a multi-sports court and a play area for toddlers.

Arnos Grove tube station

Building
Arnos Grove is a London Underground station located in Arnos Grove in the London Borough of Enfield, London. It is on the Piccadilly line between Bounds Green and Southgate stations and is in Travelcard Zone 4. The station opened on 19 September 1932 as the most northerly station on the first section of the Piccadilly line extension from Finsbury Park to Cockfosters.

Arnos Grove

Place
Arnos Grove () is an area of North London, England, within the London Borough of Enfield, Southgate Green ward. It is centred 7.5 miles (12 km) north of Charing Cross and was a medieval demesne and estate of the Arnolds, a Norman-heritage family, in Middlesex. It is adjacent to New Southgate. The natural grove, larger than today, was for many centuries the largest woodland in the chapelry of Southgate in the parish of Edmonton.

Arnos Park Viaduct

Place
The Arnos Park Viaduct is a railway viaduct of 34 brick arches that was built as part of the extension of London Underground's Piccadilly line from Finsbury Park in the south to Cockfosters in the north. It was built in 1932 and opened in 1933. It starts on the southern edge of Arnos Park soon after Arnos Grove station and ends on the northern side of the park, where the line enters a tunnel that continues to Southgate.

East Barnet Urban District

Place
East Barnet Valley was a local government district from 1863 to 1965 around the town of East Barnet. It was partly in the counties of Hertfordshire and Middlesex until 1889, when the Middlesex part was transferred to Hertfordshire. It was renamed East Barnet in 1935.

Beaver Hall

Place
Beaver Hall was a country house in Middlesex, England. It was set in grounds of around 40 acres (16 ha) that stood to the east and south of the current Waterfall Road, then known as Waterfall Lane and Church Hill, near the old centre of Southgate. The grounds stretched as far south as the Pymmes Brook where Arnos Park was later built.

St Mary the Virgin, East Barnet

Place
St Mary the Virgin is the Church of England parish church for East Barnet within the Diocese of St Albans. It is located on Church Hill.

Shoghi Effendi

Place
Shoghí Effendí Rabbání (1 March 1897 – 4 November 1957), better known as Shoghi Effendi (), was the Guardian and appointed head of the Bahá'í Faith from 1921 until his death in 1957. Shoghi Effendi spent his early life in ʿAkkā (Acre). His education was directed to serving as secretary and translator to his grandfather, `Abdu'l-Bahá, then leader of the Bahá'í Faith and son of the religion's founder, Bahá'u'lláh.

New Southgate Cemetery

Place
New Southgate Cemetery is a 22-hectare cemetery in New Southgate in the London Borough of Barnet. It was established by the Colney Hatch Company in the 1850s and became the Great Northern London Cemetery, with a railway service running from near Kings Cross station to a dedicated station at the cemetery, similar to the service of the London Necropolis Company to Brookwood Cemetery in Surrey.

Osidge

Place
Osidge is a district in the London Borough of Barnet, between Brunswick Park and Southgate, just west of the border with the London Borough of Enfield. It may be defined as the part of postal district N14 that is in Barnet. Osidge has no formal border and is entirely enclosed within the electoral ward of Brunswick Park; however Oak Hill Park forms a natural boundary to the North and Pymmes Brook to the West, with the A111 to the East and the Piccadilly line to the South/East.
Route Details

Length

6.3 mi

Elev. Gain

347.7 ft

Est. Steps

14000
Created by
PacerPal
Open in PacerOpen