Routes Germany BavariaMunich
English garden

Munich, Bavaria, Germany

English garden

Length3.1 mi
Elev. Gain62.3 ft
Est. Steps7000

Quiet place

Created by Steve R.
Introduction
English garden is a 5 km (7,000-step) route located near Munich, Bavaria, Germany. This route has an elevation gain of about 19 m and is rated as easy. Find more routes like this on the Pacer App.

Englischer Garten

Place
The Englischer Garten (German: [ˈʔɛŋlɪʃɐ ˈɡaʁtn̩], English Garden) is a large public park in the centre of Munich, Bavaria, stretching from the city centre to the northeastern city limits. It was created in 1789 by Sir Benjamin Thompson (1753–1814), later Count Rumford (Reichsgraf von Rumford), for Prince Charles Theodore, Elector of Bavaria.

Eisbach (Isar)

Place
The Eisbach (German for "ice brook") is a small, two kilometer long, manmade river in Munich. It flows through the park known as the Englischer Garten, and is a side arm of the Isar River. A manmade wave has been created on one section.Swimming in the Eisbach is not technically allowed, but as the rule is not stringently enforced, swimmers can be seen especially on warm summer days.

Haus der Kunst

Place
The Haus der Kunst (German: [ˈhaʊs deːɐ̯ ˈkʊnst], House of Art) is a non-collecting modern and contemporary art museum in Munich, Germany. It is located at Prinzregentenstraße 1 at the southern edge of the Englischer Garten, Munich's largest park.

Bavarian State Library

Place
The Bavarian State Library (German: Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, abbreviated BSB, called Bibliotheca Regia Monacensis before 1919) in Munich is the central "Landesbibliothek", i. e. the state library of the Free State of Bavaria and one of Europe's most important universal libraries. With its collections currently comprising around 10.36 million books (as of 2016), it ranks among the best research libraries worldwide.

Luitpold Gymnasium

Place
The Luitpold-Gymnasium is a secondary school in Munich, Germany. It was established by Prince Luitpold of Bavaria in 1891 as "Luitpold-Kreisrealschule" to serve the eastern part of the city and its suburbs. It stood in the Alexandrastrasse opposite the National Museum.The building was almost completely destroyed by incendiary bombing in 1944, leaving only parts of the facade and the gymnasium (sports hall).

Ludwigskirche, Munich

Place
The Catholic Parish and University Church St. Louis, called Ludwigskirche, in Munich is a monumental church in neo-romanesque style with the second-largest altar fresco of the world. The building, with its round arches called the Rundbogenstil, strongly influenced other church architecture, train stations and synagogues in both Germany and the United States.

Consulate General of the United States, Munich

Place
The U.S. Consulate General in Munich represents the interests of the United States government in Bavaria, Germany. The Consulate provides services to Americans in Bavaria and focuses on strengthening and broadening the full range of Bavarian-American relations. Headed by the Consul General, the Consulate includes sections devoted to US Foreign Commercial Services; Political, Economic and Environmental Affairs; Public Affairs; Consular Services (providing services to American citizens living in Bavaria as well as Non-Immigrant Visa services); and Administrative Affairs.

Bavarian State Archaeological Collection

Place
The Bavarian State Archaeological Collection (German: Archäologische Staatssammlung, until 2000 known as the Prähistorische Staatssammlung, State Prehistoric Collection) in Munich is the central museum of prehistory of the State of Bavaria, considered to be one of the most important archaeological collections and cultural history museums in Germany.

Geschwister-Scholl-Platz

Place
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz (Scholl Siblings Plaza) is a short semi-circular plaza located in front of the main building of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München), located on the Ludwigstraße in Munich, Germany. The plaza is named in memory of Sophie Scholl and her brother, Hans Scholl, students at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich during World War II who were among the founding members of the White Rose (Weiße Rose) resistance movement.

Ducal Georgianum

Place
The Ducal Georgianum (German: Herzogliches Georgianum) is a theological seminary of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich in Germany. It was founded in 1494. Pope Benedict XVI studied at the Seminary until 1951.
Route Details

Length

3.1 mi

Elev. Gain

62.3 ft

Est. Steps

7000
Created by
Steve R.
Open in PacerOpen