Routes EnglandHampton
Bushy Park

Hampton, England

Bushy Park

Length5.3 mi
Elev. Gain26.2 ft
Est. Steps12000
Created by D
Introduction
Bushy Park is a 8.5 km (12,000-step) route located near Hampton, England. This route has an elevation gain of about 8 m and is rated as easy. Find more routes like this on the Pacer App.

Bushy Park

Park
Bushy Park in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames is the second largest of London's Royal Parks, at 445 hectares (1,100 acres) in area, after Richmond Park. The park, most of which is open to the public, is immediately north of Hampton Court Palace and Hampton Court Park and is a few minutes' walk from the west side of Kingston Bridge.

Hampton Court Maze

Tourist Attraction
Hampton Court Maze is a hedge maze planted some time between 1689 and 1695 by George London and Henry Wise for William III of Orange at Hampton Court Palace. The maze covers a third of an acre and contains half a mile of paths. It is possible that the current design replaced an earlier maze planted for Cardinal Thomas Wolsey.

Longford River

Water
The Longford River is an artificial waterway, a distributary designed to embellish a park, that diverts water 12 miles (19 km) from the River Colne at Longford near Colnbrook in England, to Bushy Park and Hampton Court Palace. At both points it has outlets to the Thames, on the reaches above Teddington Lock and Molesey Lock, respectively.

Astoria (recording studio)

Place
Astoria is a grand houseboat, built in 1911 for impresario Fred Karno and adapted as a recording studio in the 1980s by its new owner, Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour. It is moored on the River Thames at Hampton in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Gilmour purchased the boat in 1986, because he "spent half of [his] life in recording studios with no windows, no light, but on the boat there are many windows, with beautiful scenery on the outside".

Bushy House

Place
Bushy House is a Grade II* listed former royal residence of William IV and then of the dowager queen Adelaide his former queen consort in Teddington, London, which George Montagu, 1st Earl of Halifax had constructed for his own enjoyment on the site of a previous house Upper Lodge, Bushy Park, between 1714 and 1715.

Bushy Parkrun

Place
Bushy parkrun is a running event that takes place every Saturday morning at 9am in Bushy Park, Teddington, London. It was the very first parkrun, founded by Paul Sinton-Hewitt in October 2004 under its original name Bushy Park Time Trial. The event has become a pilgrimage for parkrunners attracting entrants from across the globe.

Hampton Court House

School
Hampton Court House is an 18th-century building on the edge of Bushy Park in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. George Montagu-Dunk, 2nd Earl of Halifax, built the house in 1757. Hampton Court House houses a co-educational independent school and also hosts events such as weddings and the filming of movies.

Garrick's Temple to Shakespeare

Place
Garrick's Temple to Shakespeare is a small garden folly erected in 1756 on the north bank of the River Thames at Hampton in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Grade I listed, it was built by the actor David Garrick to honour the playwright William Shakespeare, whose plays Garrick performed to great acclaim throughout his career.

Diana Fountain, Bushy Park

Building
The Diana Fountain in Bushy Park, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, is a seventeenth-century statue ensemble and water feature in an eighteenth-century setting with a surrounding pool and mile long tree lined vistas which honors the Roman Goddess Diana. Originally created for Somerset House in the 1630s, and remodelled about 1690, the fountain has stood since 1713 in Bushy Park, and now forms a large traffic island in Chestnut Avenue.

Camp Griffiss

Place
Camp Griffiss was a US military base in the United Kingdom during and after World War II. Constructed within the grounds of Bushy Park in London, it served as the European Headquarters for the United States Army Air Forces from July 1942 to December 1944. Most of the camp's huts had been removed by the early 1960s, and a memorial tablet now stands on the site.
Route Details

Length

5.3 mi

Elev. Gain

26.2 ft

Est. Steps

12000
Created by
D
Open in PacerOpen