Prospect Camp, Bermuda
Place
Prospect Camp, also referred to as Prospect Garrison, was the main infantry camp of the Bermuda Garrison. It also contained Fort Prospect, Fort Langton, and Fort Hamilton, as well as being the base for mobile batteries, manned by the Royal Artillery (from 1899 to 1924, the Royal Garrison Artillery). Outlying parts of the camp were disposed of in the early decades of the Twentieth Century as the garrison in Bermuda was reduced.
Comments