Routes Italy BolzanoMerano
Tappeinerweg - Margaretenweg- Schenna

Merano, Bolzano, Italy

Tappeinerweg - Margaretenweg- Schenna

Length4.9 mi
Elev. Gain984 ft
Est. Steps11000

Trail

Public transport

Kid friendly

Dog friendly

Scenic view

Historic site

Lake or River

Created by Hansruedi 🇨🇭
Introduction
Tappeinerweg - Margaretenweg- Schenna is a 4.9 mile (11,000-step) route located near Merano, Bolzano, Italy. This route has an elevation gain of about 984 ft and is rated as hard. Find the best walking trails near you in Pacer App.
Vom Zentrum Meran geht’s zuerst dem Tappeinerweg und dann dem Margaretenweg der Passer entlang. Man stösst bald auf einen interessanten Themenweg mit schönen Skulpturen. Weiter geht’s zum Lazag Biotop. Dieses lädt zum verweilen ein. Weiter geht’s der Plantastrasse entlang durch Obst- und Weingärten zum Schloss Planta und dann hinauf nach Schenna. Der Aufstieg ist relativ steil und leicht anstrengend. In Schenna kehrt man mit dem ÖV nach Meran zurück.

Forst (brewery)

Place
Forst is an Italian brewing company, based in Forst (Italian: Foresta), a frazione (municipal subdivision) of Algund (Italian: Lagundo), South Tyrol. The brewery was founded in 1857 by two entrepreneurs, Johann Wallnöfer and Franz Tappeiner, from Meran (Italian: Merano). Later in 1863, the company passed to the entrepreneur Josef Fuchs, who enlarged the plant in Forst.

Schenna

Place
Schenna (German pronunciation: [ˈʃɛna]; Italian: Scena [ˈʃɛːna]) is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) northwest of the city of Bolzano.

Kurhaus, Meran

Place
The Kurhaus of Meran, South Tyrol is a famous building in the town and a symbol of it.The ornate structure was constructed at a time when Meran became a popular spa resort due to the frequent visits of Empress Elisabeth of Austria and the aristocracy. The building's original structure, which is today's west wing, was constructed in 1874 while the newer wing was added in 1912 and 1914 by the Viennese Jugendstil architect Friedrich Ohmann.

St. Nicholas' Church, Meran

Place
The Church of St. Nicholas (German: Pfarrkirche St. Nikolaus) is the parish church of the town of Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy.The church is dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of the town. It is located at the end of the Laubengasse in the old town centre between the Domplatz and Pfarrplatz.

St. Barbara's Chapel, Meran

Place
The Chapel of St. Barbara (German: St.-Barbara-Kapelle) is a chapel located in the town of Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy.The chapel stands right behind the St. Nicholas' Church, Meran. The layout of the chapel is octagonal. It was built by the architect Hans von Burghausen in 1450, who also designed the Hospital Church.

Steinerner Steg

Place
The Steinerner Steg (Italian: Ponte Romano) is a two-arched, stone-built footbridge across the Passer in Merano, South Tyrol, northern Italy. The oldest bridge in the town, it connects the historic centre and the Steinach district with the Obermais quarter.In 1615 the wooden aqueduct which spanned the river here had fallen into disrepair and the town decided to demolish it and build a stone bridge in its place.

Palais Mamming

Place
The Palais Mamming Museum is the city museum of Meran, South Tyrol.

Women's Museum Meran

Place
The Women's Museum Meran is located in a former convent of the Poor Clares in the centre of Meran (Italy). It is administrated by an association and is also the registration office of the International Association of Women's Museums (IAWM).
Route Details

Length

4.9 mi

Elev. Gain

984 ft

Est. Steps

11000
Created by
Hansruedi 🇨🇭
Open in PacerOpen