Routes EnglandLondon Borough of Redbridge
Wanstead walk round the lakes

London Borough of Redbridge, England

Wanstead walk round the lakes

Length
8.1 km
Elev. Gain
36 m
Est. Steps
12000

Forest

Lake

River

Scenic views

Historic site

Quiet place

Grassland

Overgrown

Off trail

Muddy

Created by Richard
Introduction
Wanstead walk round the lakes is a 8.1 km (12,000-step) route located near England, United Kingdom. This route has an elevation gain of about 36 m and is rated as easy. Find more routes like this on the Pacer App.
This walk has pretty much everything from Lakes to the River Roding to grasslands and woods, Forrest and wildlife. It’s a really beautiful walk into Epping Forrest. There’s even a small cafe.

Wanstead Park

Park
Wanstead Park is a municipal park covering an area of about 140 acres (57 hectares), in Wanstead, in the London Borough of Redbridge, historically within the county of Essex. It is bordered to the north by the A12 road, to the east by the River Roding and A406 North Circular Road, to the south by the Aldersbrook Estate, the site of the former Wanstead Sewage Works and the City of London Cemetery and Crematorium and to the west by Wanstead Golf Course.

St Mary the Virgin, Wanstead

Place
St Mary the Virgin, Wanstead is a Church of England church in Wanstead, east London. It is located on Overton Drive and now shares its parish with Christ Church, Wanstead. It is the only Grade I listed building in the London Borough of RedbridgeThe parish is first recorded in 1208, but its medieval church was replaced 70 foot to the north by the present building between 1787 and 1790, on a plot donated from his estate by James Tylney-Long.

Wanstead tube station

Place
Wanstead is a London Underground station in Wanstead in London, England, on the Hainault loop of the Central line. It is in Travelcard Zone 4. Construction of the station had started in the 1930s, but was delayed by the onset of World War II. The incomplete tunnels between Wanstead and Gants Hill to the east were used for munitions production by Plessey between 1942 and 1945.

Christ Church, Wanstead

Place
Christ Church is a Church of England church in Wanstead, east London. It was built as a chapel of ease to St Mary the Virgin, whose parish it still shares, to meet population expansion in the Snaresbrook area caused by the railway boom.Built at the height of the Gothic revival, its architecture is the geometric style of the late 13th century.

Our Lady of Lourdes, Wanstead

Place
Our Lady Of Lourdes church is the Catholic parish church of Wanstead in the London Borough of Redbridge and is part of the Diocese of Brentwood. The parish priest is Canon Patrick Sammon.

Wanstead

Place
Wanstead is a district of east London, England, which is part of the London Borough of Redbridge.The main road going through Wanstead is the A12 and was the site of a Roman villa, whilst Wanstead Manor was a Saxon and Norman manor. It formed part of the Municipal Borough of Wanstead and Woodford in Essex from 1937 until 1965, when Greater London was created.

Aldersbrook

Place
Aldersbrook Aldersbrook Estate, is an Edwardian housing estate in Wanstead east London. It is named after the medieval Manor of Aldersbrook the manor itself was named after the Alders Brook, a minor river which marks part of the boundary between the London Boroughs of Newham and Redbridge. The area and the estate now wholly fall within the London Borough of Redbridge, though historically Aldersbrook Manor has always fallen inside the parish of Little Ilford, which is in turn part of what is now the London Borough of Newham.

Wanstead United Reformed Church

Place
Wanstead United Reformed Church is a United Reformed Church place of worship in Wanstead, east London. It originated in 1867 as a Congregational church in Wanstead, housed in the former Church of England building of St Luke's Church, Euston Road, which was completed in 1861 by John Johnson and soon afterwards demolished for the building of the original St Pancras Station and re-erected piece by piece in Wanstead).

Wanstead Hall

Place
Wanstead Hall was the manor house for the Manor of Wanstead, now in the London Borough of Redbridge but historically in the county of Essex. It was later demolished to make way for the construction of Wanstead House.

Wanstead House

Place
Wanstead House was a mansion built to replace the earlier Wanstead Hall. It was commissioned in 1715, completed in 1722 and demolished in 1825. Its gardens now form the municipal Wanstead Park in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Route Details

Length

8.1 km

Elev. Gain

36 m

Est. Steps

12000
Created by
Richard
Open in PacerOpen